Flights to Chongqing from London with Tianjin Airlines
✈London Gatwick |LGW to Chongqing CKG
Tianjin Airlines New Long Haul Flight LGW-CKG
The Chinese carrier, Tianjin Airlines, has announced plans for the first every direct flight between the UK and Chongqing. From June 25th 2016, Tianjin Airlines will operate this route on an Airbus A330 departing from London Gatwick twice weekly, travelling first to Chongqing and then onto China's fourth largest city, Tianjin. This route will complement Tianjin Airlines' existing network connecting over 100 cities across China.
Tianjin Airlines has also launching a new service to Phuket starting in May 2016. This service will operate daily from Tianjin - Chongqing - Phuket route. The airline will operate this route with Airbus A320 aircraft. The airline plans to add a further 10 Airbuses to its fleet over the next four years to service more routes to international destinations including Sydney, Melbourne, L.A., San Francisco, Irkutsk, Ulaanbaatar and a number of European locations.
Flights from London to Chongqing
✈Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport |CKG
Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport is an airport located in the Yubei District of Chongqing, China. Chonqging Airport was the 8th busiest airport in China in 2014 and has two terminal serving international room Terminal 1 and domestic flights from Terminal 2. Many others airlines fly from Chongqing Airport including Air China, Air Macau, Chengdu Airlines, Chongqing Airlines, Fuzhou Airlines, Juneayo Airlines, Kunming Airlines, Lucky Air, China Express Airlines, Hebei Airlines, Hainan Airlines and many others. Chongqgin Jiangbei Airport acts as a hub airport for Air China, China Express Airlines, Chongqing Airlines, Shandong Airlines, Sichuan Airlines and West Air.
Travelling from and to Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport
◦ Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport is accessible by Chongqing Rail Transit Line 4 which runs from the airport via the city center at Lianglukou Station on to its final stop Yudong.
◦ Good Transport Links via car, bus and ground transportation as Jiangbei International Airport is located 21 kilometres north of Chongqing. Buses and trains leave from Terminal 2 while taxis can be found in front f the arrival hall in Terminal 1.
◦ The airport contains two terminals, International T1 and Domestic T2 and the T2 is divided into two halls, T2A and T2B. Tianjin Airlines is located in T2B.
◦ Other airlines which operate from Chongqing airport include Tibet Airlines, Tianjin Airlines, West Air, Xiamen Airlines, TransAsia Airways, Thai Airways, Spring Airlines and many others.
◦ Cheap Flights to China with a greater range of airlines & routings to best suit your travel needs through Alternative Airlines and Tianjin Airlines.
Information about Chongqing
Chongqing is one of Southwest China’s main manufacturing and transportation hubs, and is considered to be one of the biggest urban centres in the world. With the world’s largest dam nearby (Three Gorges Dam) ships are able to reach Chongqing’s Yangtze River port furthering trade in and out of the city. Over time, the city has invested heavily in its infrastructure, which in turn has increased its foreign investors, boosting its car manufacture, finance and retailing industries in particular.
Chongqing is the most popular place to start a Yangtze cruise as then Yangtze flows from Chongqing through the Three Gorges, taking in sights like Fengdu Ghost City, White Emperor City and the Lesser Three Gorges.